Thursday, October 31, 2013

24 Best Ways To Raise Kids - Version 6.0

To Be Friends Or Not To Be Friends.
The best secret to raising children isn't what to do, but what not to do. Do not act like their friend. You can be loving, you can be caring, but you are not their "friend, " per se! You are an authority figure, and you must remain thus! Many parents make the mistake of treating their children as if they're friends, which leads to confusion in the child's mind when situations call for discipline. Stay the authoritarian but always exercise law with mercy.Discipline Is The Cornerstone Of Love And Protection.
It is important that kids are raised with discipline and that they understand that discipline is a parent's way of showing them that they are loved and deserve to be protected from harm.Spend Extra Time With Your Kids.
The best way to raise kids is to make sure that you spend time with them. This does not mean you have to be their best friend, but just share in their activities. The child will thank you when they are older.At The End Of The Day You Are Still The Hero.
When raising kids, remember that no mater how mad they are at you, you are your kids' hero. Act as you would like them to act and do not argue in front of them. Give them a wonderful wold to live in, just like you wanted toGet Down And Dirty.
Let your children explore and get dirty. They have to find out for themselves that mud is cool and messy.Use Music To Soothe and Satisfy.
Expose your baby to music early. Then you can use music for every occasion. It could be used from anything from helping sooth to having a dance party.Kids Are 'Little' People Too.
One of my secrets to raising kids is that I have to remember that they are people too. They are different then me, and not as experienced as me. It is my job to teach them as people.When Parents Are Happy Everybody Is Happy.
I have a five and seven year old daughters who while they are the light of my life, are a ton of work. I was told by my doctor that the best way to make sure that your kids are happy is to make sure that you are happy. So you need to take time for yourself everyday, even if it seems impossible and even if it is only a few minutes. When you are happy and have energy you will have more love and energy to devote to your children and that will help them everyday.Hands On That's The Ticket.
Let them do something hands on. They will love it, and it is proven that kids learn from hands on activities better than other activities. Make it educational too!Offer High Praise When Children Obey Rules.
The best way to raising kids is appreciating them when they do something as told in order to make sure they will do everything you say.One-On-One Makes Kids Feel Special.
In my opinion, I think the most important part of raising well-behaved kids is spend one-on-one time with them doing things they enjoy. Every kid needs bonding time with their parents.Keep Calm In Every Situation.
One thing that my wife and I have always stuck by is that we stay calm even when situations arise that make us angry/frustrated. If we stay calm our son stays calm to and it makes it easier to solve issues.A 'No' Alternative.
I never actually say no to my child. I tell them what will happen if they do something and then ask if they still want to do it.Be Attentive And Listen.
Children need to be raised disciplined and with a lot of love. Being attentive shows that you are listening to them and genuinely care about what theya re going through. Your child will feel comfortable talking to you about anything.Volunteering Shows Kids How To Give Back.
A few times a year, but especially around the holidays, I take my kids someplace to volunteer. This can be at a soup kitchen or a homeless shelter or, frequently, a nursing home. I aim to instill in them the pleasure of giving. I can see the result on Christmas morning: they are more delighted to give to each other than to receive.Make Chores Fun.
I raise my two kids the same way I was raised by my grandma. Kids are full of life and energy and they need an outlet for all of it, so I make sure my kids get enough playtime. Playtime translates into happy kids which in turn translates into respectful kids. They say all play and no work makes Jack a mere toy, so the secret is to incorporate play time in even basic chores; kids in turn will not view chores as work, but rather an activity.Eating Better Makes Kids Happier.
Well, I have to say that when I changed the way my family eats has affected every aspect of my children's life. About 5 years ago I switched to eating primarily whole organic foods and my children seem to be more alert, happy, sleep better and also seem to do better in school. This may sound weird to you but I'm telling you it has made a very big and positive difference in every aspect of raising them easier.Mistakes Happen.
I think everyone has something from their past that they're worried might adversely affect how they raise their children. Once a parent realizes that this is a normal part of the human condition, I think it makes parenting easier because you accept that every parent can make mistakes.Say What You'll Do And Do What You Say.
When my brother starts to act bad I take away something that I know will catch his attention. If I threaten to give his DS to our dog Sasha he does whatever I tell him to. If you say you are going to do something, you must do it.Monetary Rewards.
I find by rewarding my 4 year old with money its a great way to keep him on the right track. I also take money away if he acts out. He loves being able to put money in his safe place.Have Children Learn One Thing Each Day.
We've always insisted that once our children began school that they make it a point to learn one new thing each day. The kids loved the idea so much that they are now teaching their kids the same thing. Both girls have actually become teachers themselves.Whisper Instead of Yelling.
When I want to yell, I lower my voice instead. The kids (I have 6!) have to lower their voices to hear me. The lower I speak, the angrier I am, and the quicker they jump to behave.Treat Others As You Want To Be Treated.
In raising our children there is one thing I always try to remember, treat others as you wish to be treated. It really is that simple.Kids Thrive On Interaction.
My secret is to remember that kids are kids, not little adults. Enjoy their imagination and use it when teaching them the right and wrong way to behave. Kids thrive on interaction. Get down and play with them!